Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Delusion


There may be many motivators behind Susan Stanton’s attacks against me and other members of my family, but the overriding theme is her claim that we are all in cahoots with my father and living high on the hog with money that belongs to her.

That claim is false, but the thing is, I suspect she really believes it. She has even made comments on at least one newspaper’s web site, saying she has “records” to prove this. In the same comments section, she also said that she paid $800,000 to obtain these mysteriously unnamed records, yet elsewhere in that same section she said she is broke.

Since Susan Stanton’s fevered imagination has her believing that my family is living a Hamptons kind of life on my father’s dime, all while hiding him from the feds, here are some facts:

I have not seen my father since last year and have no idea where he is. Neither does any other member of my family.

Erika and I struggle to make ends meet, just like most Americans, and we do it on my income with no assistance whatsoever.

Erika has worked off and on in the seven years since Sarah was born, but is not currently working due to heath problems and the cost of day care.

My mother has been selling her personal possessions to pay for living expenses.

My sister lost her house and is on food stamps.

And none of us complain about it because we take responsibility for ourselves (like adults are supposed to) and we do not feel entitled to whatever money my father may or may not have earned over the years. We are not the ones who earned it.

On the other hand, Susan Stanton lives in an upscale home in Los Angeles that was paid for with cash. Her neighbors include Hillary Duff, Annie Lenox, and George Lopez…In 1998, around the time she married my father, she sold a home for $196,000. And one year later, she moved into a home that was bought with $620,000 cash; i.e., no mortgage. Then, she sold that home for $710,000 in 2010, after moving to her mortgage-free home by the stars.

What I wrote in the above paragraph I know to be true. In addition, I have heard (but not independently verified) that she pocketed all of the proceeds from the 2010 sale, and that she had $1.1 million in the bank at the beginning of last year.

Yet, she claims that she is broke and we are wealthy. Fortunately for us, our happiness has nothing to do with money…Sadly for her, and tragically for her son, she does not know what happiness is and gets pleasure only from money …But as the existence of this blog shows, our lack of materialism does not mean we will allow her to attack and threaten us while she no doubt plots to take whatever possessions we do have.